Style and Design

Scammed by Green Ivy Publishing by: Skyhawk722 #14738 Sep 05, 2016 Monetary Loss: $8,000 My name is Steve Wren & I've had a book published through Green Ivy, entitled "The Art of Making Lemonade: Memoirs of a Poor Little Fat Guy." Anyway, they did a nice job on the printing, but that's where it ends! My suggestion to you, is use another publisher!

Once your book starts selling, you'll never hear from them again, and you won't ever receive any royalty checks or sales reports either. It's definately a scam & I've reported them to the BBB along with many other people, so consider yourself forewarned.....Maybe you can report this for me, since I've been blocked from their review page? Here's a copy of the last email I sent to Green Ivy: First of all, I hate to admit that “you got me,” but the truth of the matter is, you actually did. Oh, I was pretty excited in the beginning, and even more so, the day I held the finished product in my hand.

Nevertheless, I’m extremely disappointed with the way Green Ivy has been trying to sweep me, and my concerns, under the rug ever since that day. So now I’ll have to listen to my family, friends and coworkers, all boast about how “they told me so.” In fact, most of them tried to warn me or even stop me, from giving Green Ivy any money to begin with, but they’re all laughing now! Everyone said if you have a book that’s worth publishing, then someone will pay you to publish it, and not the other way around. Then I was told, once they get your money, print the book, and start selling it, you’ll never see a dime, and it’s expensive to fight this legally.

So they just hope you’ll forget about the whole thing, in which case, Green Ivy wins and all your profits go to them. Sadly enough, it looks like these people were right! I mean, come on now, it can’t possibly take anyone several weeks, just to figure out if they sent a check to somebody, because that’s simply ridiculous. Then, to make this even worse, your editors ruined chapter’s (6-11) so I’ve worked real hard to fix their mistakes, and now you won’t even let Michelle redo this for me.

Anyway, don’t write me off just yet, because I do plan on fighting for what’s rightfully mine! Now unfortunately, every time someone asks me, how many books I’ve sold, and the do quite often, I guess I’ll have to give them the same *** answer--”I don’t know,” they won't give me a sales report.

However, Green Ivy appears to be doing, very well! Show less Names reported: Robert Gray, Michelle Mathews Web/emails reported: www.greenivybooks.com Phones reported: 866-838-5988

Review about: Green Ivy Publishing Publishing Service.

I didn't like: No i did not like them.

Comments

Albany, New York, United States #1278715

I think we as the scammed authors should start a class action lawsuit